Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's raining...it's pouring....

Okay, enough already. I feel like I should be in the yard building an ark! On the good side, we have no leaks in our duct work....we are dry, dry, dry! I guess flushing the existing weeping tile system, digging a trench away from one corner of the house and putting a rain barrel under the other drain pipe worked.

I have been a busy bee creating something --- I can't say anymore about it because I know someone reads my blog and it is a secret!!! I will post pictures etc. when I can.

My daughter is due towards the end of August and we are having a baby shower for her in Kelowna on July 31st. I "googled" the internet and found a pattern for a "onesie" and this is what I ended up with....

I did not have the Stampin' Up 1-3/8 punch the pattern called for so I used my Marvy 1-1/2 punch and I think it turned out just fine. The card is an A2 size and it is adorable.


We got a phone call from No. 2 son and he and his girlfriend announced their
engagement. No details on the wedding date etc. but, we do know, it will not be this summer. Thank heavens as it is turning out to be a really busy one....with camping, a party for my daughter's marriage on Vancouver Island, a motorcycle trip, the grand baby's birth (both moms are going to be in the delivery room) and our other grandson, Nolan's first birthday a week or so later. Sheesh, busy, busy!

I do not have any "girlie girl" friends or family and when Ray announced his engagement, I let out a "Yippee" because Amanda is a "girlie girl". She loves ribbons, bows, flowers etc. and I sat down and made a card for her. I found the idea for it on Becca's blog (Amazing Paper Grace) and I immediately drove to Michael's to get the punches. I did not have the Just-Rite stamp for the border so, I cheated until my order comes in (new releases). I found a picture off the internet, sized it, traced it with my light box, altered the colour etc. in my graphics program, added the sentiment and hit "Print". I coloured the flowers and leaves with my Spica pens. Now I need to get it into the mail.

I pulled a rib bone under my shoulder blade (don't ask me how...I have no idea) and it has been a couple of days of chiropractor and massage therapy and no work (which means no pay cheque, of course). It has been a struggle to type and I am glad I am now done.

Still raining here and still hoping you are having a dry day where you are.

Cat




No comments: