Saturday, June 26, 2010

New cards....

I have been busy working working and working on a surprise for someone. I took some down time last night and whipped up two cards.

Before I get to that...I saw a card on Scrap Bitz blog and....as I had just picked up the Karen Lockhart stamp she used it was a perfect opportunity to make a card for dad and get it mailed off to him.

I found a poem on the internet from a daughter to her father and I used it to make my own background paper. I love the English leather-like paper and the royal blue is a glorious colour. I used Diamond Glaze over the ocean to give it some gloss, used Stickles (for the first time ever - hoarder!) on the sun rays and, after a quick trip to the fabric store...twill ribbon.

I am so proud of my colouring (thanks Suzanne Dean for your Copic Class) and how this card turned out. Dad called and he was really touched.



Now, for the other two cards! One is for a friend's daughter who is finally pregnant. I waited until I knew everything is just fine and in her third trimester (no tempting fate here). I found a tutorial on the internet how to get perfect circles and this card just blossomed from there.



This one I found on the internet and fell in love with the simple, but elegant, design of it.





Last night a friend asked me why wasn't I on Etsy and selling my cards. I told her I can't sell my cards. 99.9% of the time they are "cased" (seeing someone else's work on the internet...falling in love with it... and copying/modifying it a bit for personal use). I know of some people whose cards are being sold as that person's idea and I find this practice totally reprehensible.

I am so brain-dead when it comes to having an original idea. I call myself "paint by numbers". I know I have made some cards that a store really wants to sell and they are my original idea....I just can never seem to find the time to work on them. Oh well, by the end of the summer all my craft promises will be fulfilled and I can devote some time to them.

Until then, I hope everyone sees sunshine.

Cat

3 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

Beautiful I love the bride and groom hearts --- it is just too sweet!

365 Dresses said...

I think you might not give yourself enough credit for originality. Your interpretations are lovely. The hearts give me lots of ideas, too!

Catrick said...

Thank you for your kind words.